Frequently Asked Question
Here are some steps to follow to check for updates on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click on the Start menu in the bottom left corner of your screen — it looks like the Windows logo.
- From there, click on the Settings icon, which is a small icon that looks like a gear.
- At the bottom of the Settings menu, click "Update & Security."
- Click on "Check for updates" or " Check online for updates from Microsoft Update" to see if your computer is up-to-date, or if there are any updates available. Your computer will also show the date and time of when it was last updated.
- If there were updates available, they'll begin to download automatically. Once they finished downloading, they will install until all updates will show as "pending to restart". Once you see all updates pending to restart, you will go ahead and restart your computer and let it finish updating.
- All Complete!